No matter how hard you try, sometimes it seems as if life is doing everything it can to beat you down. During these times, it can be difficult to find the motivation and strength to keep going. Affirmations can help us find that strength making us believe that we can do anything if we set our minds to it.
What are Affirmations?
Affirmations work to reprogram the subconscious mind. They help us create our own realities encouraging us to believe certain things. Because our subconscious mind is so powerful, we begin to turn our thoughts into a reality.
To put it simply, positive affirmations make us think positively and they make us feel good about ourselves. This, in turn, makes our lives run smoothly and it makes it more likely for positive things to be drawn to us.
Having a negative outlook, on the other hand, makes us more likely to engage in self-defeating behavior increasing the chance of mishaps and unfavorable outcomes.
How to Create Affirmations
Here are a few rules that will help you create affirmations that promote positivity:
● Affirmations should be written in the first statement, using the word “I.” This will help them become identity statements and connect them to the person writing them.
● Affirmations should be written in the positive. For instance, instead of saying “I no longer drink alcohol” try “I am completely alcohol free.”
● Include a sense of emotion in your affirmations using positive words like “love” and “gratitude” to describe how changes make you feel.
● Write affirmations in the present state. Instead of saying how you will feel two months from now, state how you feel today.
How to Use Affirmations
There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to how you use affirmations.
Some like to write them down on cards and leave the cards scattered around the house in places where they can be read on a daily basis. Others suggest you read or say them once in the morning and once at night. Others will create a stack of affirmation cards and read through them at their leisure. Some write them down daily. They believe the action of writing them down works to effectively connect them to the subconscious mind.
Affirmations to Keep Strength Going
You can make up your own affirmations, or look for books and online resources with pre-written affirmations. Here are a few we stumbled across that are ideal to keep strength going:
● I have the ability to master anything.
● Every step I take to move forward allows me to grow stronger.
● Fear can not keep me from succeeding.
● I have the strength to turn my dreams into a reality.
● I am happy, healthy, whole, and well.
Hopefully this article has given you valuable information on how you can use affirmation to increase the positive thinking that gives you strength and motivation. We can’t wait to see how this helps you succeed in every aspect of your life.
Photo by Austin Schmid on Unsplash